A day in a life of pro skateboarders... NOT!



I wonder what do these skateboarders do everyday... do they skateboard all the time, if so where? is it always at the skate park??! ok I tried google... and all that come out is their lifestyle which only mention about what they wear, how creative they are and everything but none that really talk about what they do everyday... other than skateboarding... so let me just use my imagination a bit here... I believe, every morning when they wake up, they have breakfast and start skateboarding... on the street, at the park... at any place they can... on their spare time, I think, they don't have a spare time.. since they use all of their time skateboarding...

I dunno what else they do in their lives, but this is how their lives affect mine & my sister's

when I was 14, I bought a skateboard because Avril Lavigne has skateboard... I tried to learn it... I tried to do some tricks, try to do the first basic trick which is ollie- I bought skateboard magazines, I watched skateboard shows.. but still, I couldn't do ollie! So I gave up.... and never touched my skateboard eva again...
until now... and I blame it on my sister coz she found my old skateboard, and couldn't stop playing with it... It has been 7 years since I've skateboarding.. so I'm a bit scared to skateboard again. but well let's just say I get jealous seeing my sister playing with my skateboard, so I joined her... we tried doing the ollie... every morning at 8, we're eager to practise, time and time, got disappointed and sometimes 9pm we would just tried it again, and really, until now (day 6) we can't get it right!!! even after watching this video.. repeatedly.. seriously!


why wouldn't the skateboard jump with me? why wouldn't it pop? ok here's what I found in skateboard here!




In detail:
1. Place your feet
Put your back foot on the tail with the curve of your foot matched up with the curve of the tail.Put your front foot just in front of the midpoint of the board. The bal of your foot should be over the middle of your board in the imaginary line between the bolts. Turn both feet to a duck stance with the heels just slightly closer than the toes.


2. Crouch properly
To crouch down bend your knees and not your back. Crouch down a few inches, enough to jump off the board. You do not need to crouch down to the ground. You are not trying to jump the Empire State building.


3. Start the jump
Once couched don’t waste time. Begin jumping and begin to pop the next step.This is the tough part for timing. If you practiced this part separately like I said it will come Much! easier.

4. Pop hard
Straighten out the back leg and pull the front leg up so you can pop that tail hard. You will feel the snap through your whole body. It feels good!



5. Rise with the board
Suck your legs up to get height.






6. Level it out a bit
Nearing the full height start pointing your front foot down.



7. Start coming back down and tweak
Point the front foot more and lift the back foot.






8. Land on the board and stay on
Just stay over the board now and get your feet and wheels back down on the ground.Bend your knees to adsorb shock but more to keep your balance.






















































I will try it tomorrow... hahahaha
or maybe I should find someone to teach me skateboard personally... here in Malaysia, skate board park is in Putrajaya, which is very far from where I live... I dunno any skatepark around my area...
it's not in the google map, so maybe I have to find it by myself... 
oh and about the wheels, how often do you have to place the wheel? 2/3 times a year... okay, I can see the problem now... it's the skateboard's fault!!! it is old! the wheel need to be replaced! 

Comments

Popular Posts